Microsoft Windows is the most used desktop operating system in the world and amaze the people with the functionalities of the operating system. But this time Microsoft has launched a major update to the latest version of the Windows platform.
Microsoft has built the latest update of windows known as ‘Windows 10 Preview’ originally made for the Android users but launch the feature ‘Continue on PC’ for iPhone users as well.
Microsoft has recently announced to launch (16251) update to directly link any smartphone with the operating system, Android version is announced last week but this time they made this feature available with the Apple’s smartphone.
‘Continue ON PC’:
- This is the perfect feature made available by the desktop platform to continue their work on the desktop instead of mobile phone and now available for the rival phone ‘Apple’.
- This feature allows the users to continue their web session from mobile phone to the web browser i.e. Windows 10 will pick up where the users left off.
- This feature is available for the users using the update of 16251 but in September it becomes available for the all the users with the update of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
- The idea is quite simple and important for the people to switch their mobile phone towards desktop as they need to invoke native sharing experience and share website.
- You just need to open the settings of smartphone settings and add the phone to link your device with the desktop computers.
- You should need to provide your phone number and Microsoft will send you SMS with the link and you need to install the Microsoft apps.
- The Continue on Pc feature will make the life of people easy in the future as they are planning to make the platform to copy and paste the content from a universal clipboard.
The app is in its early days:
- Microsoft had announced that this app is in early days and people should need to install this app on the smartphone to test the sharing before it gets launched.
- The possible errors should come out at the start but will remove the bugs later with the usage of application among the people.
- This app is responsible for the whole feature – when you install this app just need to share button in iPhone browser and pick option ‘Continue on Pc’ and it will prompt you to login Microsoft account first time and it will mandatory for the users.
- There are two options available with this feature called ‘Continue Now’ or Continue later – this app is available for the Android and iPhone users but interesting this feature is not available for the Windows 10 smartphones.