Today content is one of the most important things for marketing and driving traffic to your website. Many times, a business will hire content writers to get the job done. There are other times when people write their own content. Let’s be honest though, with so many people being in the same industry sometimes a person may accidentally use the exact same phrase as someone else etc. Therefore, plagiarism checker companies exist.
In this article, we will discuss a few reasons you should always use a plagiarism checker before you publish content.
1. Plagiarism checker software:
I know that there are several free resources online people use to check for plagiarism. Did you know that something as simple as pasting the content in the Google search bar might work, however plagiarism checker software is much more reliable. These companies make it a point to have a huge database of materials to compare your content to. This is not only for online materials like blogs and articles, this would also include things like periodicals and books.
2. Another reason to use this software is because it not only finds the matching content but highlights any sentences that are a direct match. This helps you identify if you have accidentally written anything that ended up being a direct statement to something someone else wrote.
3. OK so if you are a content writer or even a rewrite and your goal is to become efficient at doing a full rewrite, you would want to use a plagiarism checker. It shows you the exact sentences and it also shows you what percentage of your work ended up being a direct match to something else. Why is this important? Well, depending on the business or the content there may be a little leeway on the percentage of copied content you have in a piece of content.
4. Let’s say you need to paraphrase something. Having a plagiarism checker would allow you to rewrite the content right in the software. This is great for this task because you already know with the last word that you have completed the task.
5. If you are required to show proof that the work you have submitted is original a plagiarism checker is perfect. It allows you to download a report and send it with the content. This is great for not only writers but students as well.
6. Educational Use
For an educator, they may discover that there are students who have copied content, if so, it is a great opportunity to teach them how to do it correctly. This is not only a great way to help them get a batter grades on their paper it makes them better students once they learn the proper citing techniques.
7. Course Building
Currently course building, eBooks and other online leaning is on the rise. It’s no secret that doing research and using other educational tools is a big part of creating a course. However, each educator must make sure that they have added enough if themselves to make the course really their own.
How Do You Know You Have Plagiarized?
This is the main question of each plagiarism checkers discussion. What is considered plagiarism is when you have sentences that are a direct copy of someone else’s content? If you like or agree with a main concept or idea another educator has shared, you have to either cite that the information was received from that person by sharing their website etc. Many people have been approached by emails and even legal letters. Plagiarism can also affect students and other researchers.
Most of the plagiarism checker software’s have a monthly fee or a yearly fee. However, this is more than worth the investment.
This article was written by Edusson Community.