We all love the internet, as technology is rapidly growing and has become an integral part of our lives. We use the internet every day and feel dying without it. But how much do you know about the internet and its revolution?
Let’s find out with the list of interesting facts about the internet.
Facts about Google:
- In 2010, Google administration tells it has data of 5 million terra bytes and it has only indexed 0.4% of it.
- A single query of Google involves 1,000 computers to answer it in 0.2 seconds.
- 16% of searches on Google are never being searched on the site.
- 2 million searches were performed on Google every minute.
- On August 2013, Google has dropped down just for 5 minutes and nearly 40% Google traffic dropped.
- When Gmail introduced storage of 1 GB at that moment Hotmail offered only 2 MB space.
- Firefox developers are now working on Google Chrome.
- Google has the largest network of Language translator.
Facts about the internet:
- Over 1 Lac new domains are registered on the internet every day.
- In 2011, women accidently cut fiber optic wire that provides the internet to 90% of Armenia.
- The first advertisement on the website is introduced in the year 1994.
- In the year 1995, domain registration was free.
- Pop Ads; the person who made it apologize for the world for creating it.
- If the internet is gone down only for the day more than 196 billion emails and 3 billion Google searches have to wait.
- 6% of the population in the world has an internet addiction.
Facts about the internet in different regions:
- In 2016, North Korea accidentally released its DNS data showing only 28 .kp domains are registered whereas 10 million .uk domains.
- Disconnecting people from the internet is human rights violation according to United Nations.
- The Internet is most widely used in India more than the total population of U.S.
- In 2010, Finland made internet access a legal right.
- More than one third population of Italian has never used the internet.
- In China, internet users are more on mobile instead of computers.
- The Philippines has slowest internet speed in entire Southeast region.
- 15% of Americans adult never use the internet.
Facts about criminal activities of Internet:
- Approximately 30,000 websites are hacked on daily basis.
- 70% of emails sent daily are spam.
- A U.S journalist faces 105 years in jail on posting a link on the web.
- The first spam email was sent in 1978.
- A one-third search of the internet was pornography content.
- 80% of images on the internet are of naked women.
- 70% of virus developer is actually working for the organization.